Friday, March 16, 2018

#SOL 2018 Day 16 meeting family impromptu can be uncomfortable

Funny how running into family members can make one feel edgy. It was last minute that my husband & I decided to attend the home show tonight. We were focused on the event when suddenly one sister and her husband stopped and made a comment to us. They seemed surprised to see us. I hugged her, but things seemed a bit off. We talked a bit about our cousin coming to visit next week. I had just texted her with no response, that could have been why she acted surprised!

When cousins visit the gathering is usually at my place. She wants me to call her when they arrive, so she can come to my house. But she told me that our cousin wants to see her place. And if I take them to her house my other sister wants to take off work & come with us. Then she told me the sister was at the winery booth at the home show. The couple who own the winery are friends to all of us and I didn't think any more about it. We continued walking through the booths. When we got to the last row, there was my sister and her husband working the booth. I was surprised to see them, they were surprised to see us. I felt as though I wasn't supposed to know, that I had caught them in a secret. It was Weird!! They were pouring samples so I had a few sips. I know the wine very well but was happy to try them again.

We visited with everyone a few minutes, the owners were taking a break so they had time to talk with us and we had a nice time catching up with them.

On our way home my husband & I discussed the strange vibe we both got from my sisters. They don't often include me in their outings, maybe that's why running into them felt odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer Reading List