Sunday, April 10, 2016

Found poetry


The prompt from NaPoWriMo for April 10:  write a “book spine” poem. This involves taking a look at your bookshelves, and writing down titles in order (or rearranging the titles) to create a poem. Some fun images of book spine poems can be found here.

Wandering about in the darkness
I can't make it to the Safe Haven
How will I overcome this wasteland

The Lucky Ones are already there 
They are rested, warm and jubilant
Actual Pilgrims in Paradise

Enjoying conversations around the fire
Drinking toasts
And planning the next adventure

While I trudge along in the vast expanse
Listening to screeching sounds 
I increase my pace

Continuing to cover the unknown
Can it be, is it a mirage
I see A Light in the Attic

Timely arrival
Accentuated
A Wedding in December


No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer Reading List