Tuesday, March 29, 2016

SOL #16 Day 29

My cell phone rings and I don't recognize the phone number. I had a call earlier from a number I didn't recognize and it was from my allergist. I thought this second call might be a similar call. When I answered hello, the caller asked, "Who's this?" 
My first response was, "Who is this?" 
I heard a little laugh and the caller said, "Wrong number." Then she hung up. It must have been a wrong number, but I wondered how she knew with so few words. Was it my voice? How did I sound? What should I have said? I was thinking first she should have stated who she was. Should have told her my name? Our conversation was over before it really began. 

4 comments:

  1. The questions are what make this piece! From the short "conversation" to the inner dialogue it left for you to consider, you create a story out of questions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comment astounds me, thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Morgan... and we can all relate to the bizarre questions that unfold from a wrong number.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Summer Reading List