Monday, November 24, 2014

Second Thoughts

I talked with my husband and son.
I made a list of possibilities, things I've always wanted to do but working full time kept me from doing them. I quickly reached 10 ideas.
I spoke with my supervisor, told him I was planning to retire at the end of this year.
I told a few friends.
I made arrangements for someone to head up an upcoming event.
I started the paperwork for retirement.
I called to tell another person who would be counting on me to continue an assignment.

I discovered I would have to pay for an entire year of insurance to use it in a cafeteria plan.
I don't have that many leave days to cover the cost.
I can't get my work finished by the end of this year.
I'm in the middle of a couple projects and don't want to give up on them.

Then today I visited a school to present a program to 4 elementary classes.
We all had great fun.
Teachers from the other 4 classes asked me to visit their classes.
I'm not ready to stop working, I thought I was.

I suppose I'll backtrack and rethink my decision.
I can do this anytime, it doesn't have to be immediate.
I will plan and get it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer Reading List