Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Life decisions

Things change, while not everyone likes change, I thrive on change. I often find myself winging a presentation, lesson, or talk. I don't stick to the script, it is extremely difficult to teach the same topic three times in a day. In reflection I always look for ways to change and improve my work. After working at my current job 9 years, I think it is time for a change.

Of course the job itself has changed and not in creative ways. It seems to be more restrictive and less flexible. It does not fit any longer. It has been difficult to arrive at that awareness. Working with the changes of losing cherished friends, coworkers, and family members, I realize, I am ready for a change. I need more creativity in my life. I need less restrictive confines. I have made the decision to retire from my current job. Yesterday I began the process of completing the paperwork.

I'm excited about the world of possibilities that await. Now I have to tell my supervisor and the curriculum revision team I am working with. I meet with my supervisor tomorrow. I don't know if I can tell him without a smile on my face! Just a couple weeks ago he told me he would like me to work one more year.

Today I was catching up on blogs I follow and found this link to lovely phrases that bring calm. Reading them seemed to help me know I am doing the right thing.  

http://alwayswellwithin.com/2014/10/12/calm-stress-response/

The other part of this decision is that more of my time is required to manage medicines and doctor appointments with my husband. I want him to slow down. He will if I am free. Together we can figure out how to negotiate the changes in our lives. Maybe I will write, draw, paint, create...

Change is exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer Reading List