Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Missives from Missouri: Slice of Life

Missives from Missouri: Slice of Life:

Throughout the month of March, I am participating in the Slice of Life Challenge, hosted by twowritingteachers.wordpress.com. All participants aim to write a post every day for the month of March. 

SOL #5 
In the world today, everyone seems to be connected, plugged in, sharing information and following a circle of acquaintances. However, one of my cousins (E) could not connect with another cousin (L). In an email to my sisters and me, E said she tried the last phone number she had. A recording said the voice mail box has not been set up, she couldn't leave a message. I replied back that I was driving through a small community where a second-cousin (D) lives, maybe I could visit and get updated contact information. After work and on my way home, I stopped and had a nice visit with (D). He called someone, then let me speak with her. She told me L would not answer his phone, but she would give him my number. I figured that was the best I could do and gave her my cell number. Now I'm waiting to hear from L. I suppose we aren't all as connected as portrayed by the advertisements. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer Reading List