Friday, March 8, 2013

Dad's Birthday SOL#8

SOL#8, I must write about my dad because March 8 was his birthday. He had 4 sisters and two brothers. He graduated 8th grade. He served in Korea. He was a sharecropper and used the GI Bill to buy 70 acers of farmland to become a farmer. He married young and loved his wife. They adopted one child and then had 4 more children. He lost his wife too soon. He was proud of his kids and 11 grandchildren. His sense of humor helped him make lots of friends. We lost him almost 2 years ago. Life hasn't been the same without him. Encouraged by a post on the blog of Two Writing Teachers,  I wrote a tribute poem for him. Here is the link to that post, if you want to read it.

http://missivesfrommissouri.blogspot.com/2012/11/tribute-poem.html

2 comments:

  1. I think it is wonderful that your slice is about your father, and that you wrote tribute poem for him.. My father also served in Korea......Well, I am off to read your poem. I am so very sorry for your loss.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlene,
    Thank you for commenting. Dad was so young when he was in Korea.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

Summer Reading List