Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Reflection

For so many years beginnings and endings in my life have been set by a school year rather than the calendar year. I find I'm still influenced by the close of another school year even though I work year round. The end of another school year calls for reflection. It's time to remember the challenges, successes and failures of the year. Time for decisions about modifications or improvements in actions. Time to use the learning experience and focus on the next opportunity. It is time to mark progress and set new goals. I started this post a couple of weeks ago, then read a similar post by Two Writing Teachers. They answered these reflections: I learned... I was stretched by... I'm excited about... I'm beginning to realize... I used their starters and wrote the following: I learned that I enjoy getting teachers and students to start a journal. I was stretched by learning to use Twitter and starting a blog. I'm excited about using technology to connect with many teachers. I'm beginning to realize it's not the technology but the teacher that creates the lesson. One goal I have for next year is to demonstrate conservation education lessons in the classrooms. A couple of personal goals I have are to write every day and make a trip to the beach. I plan to try the suggestion from Ted Talks and try to write every day for the next 30 days. http://www.ted.com/talks/matt_cutts_try_something_new_for_30_days.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer Reading List